Thursday, April 2, 2015

Haiku for "Dream Marks on my Pillow"

Dreaming so slowly,
Never wanting to wake up,
But never sleeping.

Lay down next to me,
Bury your doubts and fall asleep,
Wait for the next day.

This was my pillow.  The one that I had for years, and years, and years.  It's gone with me when I moved houses because my parents got divorced.  It's traveled with me on road trips, and even across seas.  It's an old pillow, and although it was no longer fluffy, or even remotely comfortable, I still kept it.  I don't know why I refused to give it up.  The pillow itself is flat and hard, and is only slightly fluffy when I take it out of the dryer.  Its' pillow case, black and yellow, because I loved bees as a child, is now ragged, slightly stained, and worn out, the once bright, sunny yellow now a dull rust.  I don't rest my head upon it any longer, but I keep it in my bed with me.  It comforts me.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of a pillow having been a travel companion for trips far and near...the stories it could tell...

    ReplyDelete