Friday, February 20, 2015

Be a (blog) Reader

My partners were Cora and Emmi.  I read Cora's color story, Old Farmer Red’s apple orchard, Complimentary Coral, and Danger Zone.  I read Emmi's Feeling Yellow, Believe and 

I really liked Cora's Complimentary Coral poem, as I feel like it can grow into much more than just a poem.  I feel like it can easily be written into a full story.  I feel like the person who is sitting at the beach longs for something else, and finds solitude at the ocean.  Perhaps he/she is from the ocean, and wishes to return, but can't?  But these are just my interpertations, and what I want this poem to grow into.

I loved Emmi's Believe story, as I think it clearly captures a teenager's fears, fruitless attempts, and struggles.  I understand these feelings, these feelings of helplessness, of trying to please everyone and attempting to find something you don't even know what it is.  It's very deep and somewhat saddening.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to offer your classmates some thoughtful feedback!

    ReplyDelete