Friday, February 20, 2015

Connecting Lines Story



To my love, Violet
I write this to you sitting in the kitchen sink.  Whose sink is it?  I wish I could tell you.  I wish I could.  But that person is dead now, dead in his own room.  For now I am staying at his house until the Corporation picks me up and takes me back to the Base.  I miss you so much, even though I have no memories of you.  I know I probably say that a lot in these letters, but I wish I could meet you.  At least once.  But it would be useless, wouldn’t it?  I would meet you, only to have my memory wiped by the Corporation for my next job.  I keep all of the letters I write to you, the letters I receive from you along with anything else on the Online Storage System.  The OSS is very convenient, isn’t it?  Whenever I wake up, knowing only my job occupation, waiting for them to give me another name, I see my arm, and the scar I carved into my own flesh.  “Go to the OSS” it reads.  I go and open it up, only having to go through so many, many letters, carefully organized for my new self to read through our history, and to fall in love with you again.  A copy of this letter shall join the pile as well.  Please write back as soon as you can.  I love you, for now, for my past, and for the future, for always.
With Love, this week’s name,
Amelia
P.S. Sorry I forgot to give you the mayonnaise.

1 comment:

  1. This is so interesting, Lindsey! I really like what you did with these lines and the uncertain but loving letter sign off.

    ReplyDelete