Friday, February 6, 2015

If I Were in Charge of the World

If I were in charge of the world,
I'd cancel winter,
College prices,
World hunger and also
Abusive people.

If I were in charge of the world,
There'd be more stars,
More animals and
Less pollution.

 If I were in charge of the world,
You wouldn't have racism.
You wouldn't have sexism.
You wouldn't have war.
Or "Pray the gay away."
You wouldn't even have homophobes.

 If I were in charge of the world,
A woman can do as she pleases
And a tomato would be a vegetable.
All people would be equal.
And a person who sometimes forgets to pick up her paycheck,
And sometimes forgets to clean my room,
Would still be allowed to be
In charge of the world.

1 comment:

  1. I am optimistic that a more accepting world is around the corner--things are better now than when I was your age in many ways, but of course we have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete